As winter begins to creep in, it's time to embrace the changing seasons and experience St Ives minus the crowds. Wrap up warm and get ready to discover a whole new side to Cornwall.
Things to do
Here are our top recommendations for a winter getaway at the Gannet Inn:
1. Dig out your hiking boots and go for a walk - there is no better way to travel to St Ives than to walk along the South West Coast Path. This very gentle stroll travels above the railway line, with spectacular views over St Ives Bay.
2. Wrap up warm and enjoy a bracing beach walk at nearby Carbis Bay beach - pop into one of Carbis Bay Estate's beachside restaurants and enjoy a bite to eat as you watch the waves roll in.
3. In St Ives, you can enjoy the blissfully quiet beaches of Porthmeor, Porthgwidden, Harbour and Porthminster. Take an early morning walk along Porthminster at low tide all the way to the harbour and the lifeboat station, then pause for a piping hot pasty (just watch out for the seagulls!).
4. Try ice skating at the Eden Project. The ice rink at Eden is a winter wonderland and an experience not to be missed. There are sessions for everyone from toddlers to experienced skaters.
5. Get on your bike and explore St Ives and the stunning wilds of West Cornwall in a cleaner, greener way with St Ives E-Bikes. Head west from St Ives for far-reaching views of the Atlantic and remote moors, or make a day of it and cycle along the Coast Road to Zennor. Pick up your bikes from their shop in St Ives, or have them delivered to the hotel for a small fee.
6. Retreat to the C Bay Spa at nearby Carbis Bay Estate for a soothing spa treatment. Discover treatments and experiences that will warm you inside and out, replenishing dry skin, rejuvenating your soul, and curing all cold-weather woes.
7. No visit to Cornwall would be complete without a Cornish cream tea with freshly baked scones, lashings of Cornish clotted cream and jam and what better place to indulge in the finest English treat than in our cosy lounge with log fire?
C Bay Spa Facilities at nearby Carbis Bay Estate
Dive into a world of scenic luxury at Carbis Bay Estate's newly enhanced C Bay Spa.
The show-stopping outdoor pool gives swimmers the most sensational view from its infinity edge or, if you’re looking for something a little calmer, unwind and soak up the bubbles in the invigorating hydro pool, whilst sipping on a chilled glass of Champagne.
Why not book a sensual massage, facial or exfoliation spa treatment and then sink into your fluffy white robe in one of the two relaxation lounges with unparalleled, blissful views across the ocean.
All Gannet stays (from October - March) include 4 hours complimentary use of the luxury spa facilities at nearby Carbis Bay Estate.
The Gannet has a perfect getaway offer to warm you up this winter.
Arrive at our cosy, coastal inn and you'll be treated to roaring fires, cosy corners and oh-so-comfy beds to fall into after feasting on a sumptuous 2-course dinner in our 2-AA Rosette Restaurant - all from just £189 for two people.